- Applicant: full name, address and nationality;
- Inventor: full name, address and nationality;
- Priority data: filing number, date and country (if applicable);
- International filing data: filing and publishing number (if applicable).
- English specification (including title, description part, Claims, abstract and drawings, if any);
- Power of Attorney (no notarization is required);
- Certified copy of priority documents (as to applications claiming priority under the Paris Convention);
- PCT documents, e.g. PCT publication, International Preliminary Examination Report (PCT/IPER/409, Notification of the Recording of a Change (PCT/IB/306) (if any), International Search Report (PCT/ISA/210)... (if available).
- Duration for filing a request of substantive examination as to invention and utility solution applications is 42 months and 36 months respectively computed from the earliest priority date;
- The application undergoes examination as to formality within around 01 month from the Vietnamese filing date and as to substantive examination within around 18 months from the application publishing date (if a request for substantive examination is filed before the publishing date) or from the request date (if a request for substantive examination is filed after the publishing date;
- The validity term of an Invention Patent is 20 years and of a Utility Solution Patent is 10 years computed from the filing date.
- Patent & Utility Solution matters in Vietnam
- Handling of violations patents in the pharmaceutical sector in Vietnam
- An analysis on the infringement and intellectual property disputes in Vietnam
means a technical solution in the form of a product or process which is intended to solve a problem by application of natural laws.