- Applicant: full name, address and nationality;
- Inventor: full name, address and nationality;
- Title of the claimed design;
- Class of the claimed design according to the Locarno International Classification (if available);
- Priority data: filing number, date and country (if priority is claimed).
- Photos/drawings illustrating the design in different views (front, rear, left, right, top, bottom and perspective) and other supporting views such as cross-sectional or partly enlarged views (if available);
- English description of the claimed design;
- Power of Attorney (no notarization is required).
- Certified copy of priority documents (as to applications claiming priority under the Paris Convention).
- Duration for formality examination and substantive examination is 01 month (from the Vietnamese filing date) and 07 months (from the application publishing date) respectively;
- Validity term of a Design Patent is 05 years computed from the filing date. The Design Patent is renewable for two consecutive periods, each of which lasts 05 years.